Friday, January 15, 2010

Scottish Blackface Fleece Feltathon day 2











Day 2 I have got the 2nd layer on the rug. It got cloudy today so I had to close the greenhouse doors. Whew! Pretty strong aroma with the doors shut! The layout alone is consuming my days but it looks great. I haven't even put a dent in the fleece! I could make 20 3' by 6' rugs from 1 fleece. It looks like I'll need about 5 or 6 layers. I've been combing the locks with a card cleaner on the edge of the table. Those greenhouse mesh tables are great for felt work as the debris falls right through. I took a picture of a thin felted square of Blackface so you can see how it felts.

The locks I'm getting out of Cookie's fleece are huge. The ruler in the photo is actually 15 inches not 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment